1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Ipswich,Suffolk on Facebook

Discussion in 'More Suffolk Resources' started by AnneC, May 12, 2013.

1. AnneC

AnneC LostCousins Star

It seems an unlikely place to find information, but if you're careful not to get caught up in trivial comments there is a wealth of background information and potential contacts to be found.

Historic Ipswich (UK) has many old pictures and maps of Ipswich.

Ipswich My Home Town has more pictures of old Ipswich, but also has sections by topic (weddings, pubs, military etc) I have found several family contacts previously unknown to me by recognising a surname of someone in an old photograph on the page.

Chantry Estate is where I grew up, and this is a collection of school, street, car, house photos ranging from 1950's to present day.