1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

IGI - to tick or not to tick?

Discussion in 'Search tips - discussion' started by Bob Spiers, Sep 13, 2013.

1. SuzanneD

SuzanneD LostCousins Star

Perhaps a good place to start would be their Research Wiki - at present the pages for each parish tell you what's available at other sites, but not in FamilySearch itself, which seems a bit odd... the high-level pages in the wiki suggest you search the FS Catalogue separately, but not all of the pages have a link to this so there's lots of faffing about involved. I suppose I should start adding in the links to the parishes I use, given it's a wiki, but it seems a fairly major oversight in the architecture of the pages to not have started with the information FamilySearch itself holds!

Even doing this, of course, would not be much help in identifying what's in each big grouped dataset like England Marriages.