1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

How You can Help Yourself to Taste Success!

Discussion in 'How to decide who to enter' started by Red Dragon, May 10, 2013.

1. I wasn't talking about match potential. From previous threads in this discussion I know I'm a star because I have more than 400 in 1881. Perhaps I should put it another way; I wanted to know if Irish 1911 entries counted towards or made any difference to status which is totally different from match potential.

I have a match potential of 6.3976 but only have matches with 9 people, all of whom are 'related by marriage'.

2. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

It would be absolutely fantastic. But I'd happily settle for every reader of my newsletter having a Match Potential of at least 1 - that would still make an amazing difference.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  3. canadianbeth

canadianbeth LostCousins Star

Mine is 3.6649

4. peter

All entries add to Match Potential, and Status is determined by Match Potential. If you want to know how much Match Potential increases for each entry from a given census make a note of what it is before and after.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  5. Red Dragon

Red Dragon LostCousins Megastar

Hi Everyone!

Here's a weekly update on how well people have been doing over at LostCousins.
    • 56 new members joined the LostCousins site
    • 14,748 new entries have been added and
    • 972 relatives have been matched.
    Always good to see New Members joining. All the numbers are up this week which is very impressive, even more so considering that the competition has now finished.

There's never been such a good time to stay safe and enter your relatives over at Lost Cousins. It's simple and quick, so enter those relatives and match with your cousins.

Thoughts go out to families who have lost loved ones too early. Remember to stay at home, social distancing and wear masks. #Staysafe

A couple of thoughts based on previous posts, we need to encourage our cousins to join Lost Cousins and to add their relatives. Yes, it will give us matches with people we already know, BUT they will add their other ancestors and relatives who will match with other Members. What a great gift to give! It's very easy to make a referral on the Lost Cousins site, which means your relative won't have to add all the households in common that you have already added. There's a great report in FTAnalyzer that will list all the people you share to help you select on Lost Cousins the people to share with them.

New Members mean New Entries, and New Entries mean New Matches. Everyone wins.

Good Luck Everyone!

Here's a graph showing the activity over at the Lost Cousins site
    upload_2021-2-5_10-47-28.png

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  6. peter

When you invite a known relative to join LostCousins (using Refer a Relative on your My Referrals page) you can save them time by indicating which of your relatives they share. When you do this the relatives you've selected will magically appear on your relative's My Ancestors page the first time they log-in.

If you're a LostCousins subscriber you can also gift them a free upgrade that lasts until 1st May - plenty of time to complete their My Ancestors page and connect with the cousins they don't share with you. You'll find the offer code on the Subscribers Only page.

Note: if you're a subscriber the offer code can be used by any new member you invite to join - they don't need to be cousins. You can share it within a closed group but please don't publish it where everyone can see it. When inviting members of a group to join ask them to enter your membership number or give them your personal referral link (both are shown near the top of your My Summary page); this enables you to track how many have joined, though it won't tell you who has joined - for that you would need to do individual referrals.

7. peter

Have you been upgraded? The calculation of Match Potential has been altered to reflect the relatives entered by the membership as a whole over the past 12 months; my Match Potential has shot up from 12.9748 to 14.1737 as a result of this update.

8. Bryman

Bryman LostCousins Megastar

Thank you to all members that have added so many census references. They have pushed my Match Potential up by almost 4, even though I have added very few entries recently.

In fact, I have just done a new search without adding any new entries and been rewarded with 1 new contact and 7 new matches, which I will follow up after a good night's sleep.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Pauline

Pauline LostCousins Megastar

My match potential has gone up by about 2 which is encouraging.

10. canadianbeth

canadianbeth LostCousins Star

Mine went up from 3.6649 to 4.0152. I just checked my coupon code however, and it is lower than what is stated in my profile. Should I be changing it?

11. peter

Please see this post.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  12. Red Dragon

Hi Everyone!

• 42 new members joined the LostCousins site
    • 4,807 new entries have been added and
    • 351 relatives have been matched.
    Always good to see New Members joining. All the numbers are down this week which is not that surprising, seeing as the competition has now finished. But these numbers are all greater than the same time last year.

There's never been such a good time to stay safe and enter your relatives over at Lost Cousins. It's simple and quick, so enter those relatives and match with your cousins.

Thoughts go out to families who have lost loved ones too early. Remember to stay at home, social distancing and wear masks. #Staysafe

How did you get on with referring your cousins and contacts? Was the process simple? Did they make many matches?

Good Luck Everyone!

upload_2021-2-12_10-32-8.png

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  13. Red Dragon

Hi Everyone!

• 42 new members joined the LostCousins site
    • 5,447 new entries have been added and
    • 1,917 relatives have been matched.
    Always good to see New Members joining. All the numbers are up this week apart from New Members which remained the same, which is a great achievement. And what a stunning result in Relatives matched.

The ratio of New Entries to Relatives Matched was 2.84! Every 3rd person entered made a match!

Good Luck Everyone!

upload_2021-2-19_10-59-16.png

• Thanks! Thanks! x 2
  14. BobP

BobP LostCousins Superstar

Been a member since 2010 but only just started using the system for real in the last few weeks. Seems to work really well, trying to get as many of my one name study names entered from both the 1881 and 1911.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Red Dragon

Hi Everyone!

• 18 new members joined the LostCousins site
    • 3,115 new entries have been added and
    • 273 relatives have been matched.
    Always good to see New Members joining. All the numbers are down this week, a quiet week after the great results from last week

Good Luck Everyone!

upload_2021-2-26_10-13-50.png

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  16. Red Dragon

Hi Everyone!

• 56 new members joined the LostCousins site
    • 4,206 new entries have been added and
    • 2,511 relatives have been matched.
    Always good to see New Members joining. All the numbers are up this week, after a quiet week last week these are some great results.

The ratio of new entries to relatives matched is 1.68! On average every 2nd person entered produced a match. This is an amazing figure and so congratulations are in order to everyone.

Good Luck Everyone!

upload_2021-3-5_10-7-39.png

17. peter

Members of the Essex Society for Family History have been joining this week after reading the article I wrote for their March journal - hopefully some of them will be joining the forum very soon!

18. Red Dragon

Hi Everyone!

• 71 new members joined the LostCousins site
    • 3,592 new entries have been added and
    • 374 relatives have been matched.
    Always good to see New Members joining. Only new Members up this week, after last week last week numbers it's not surprising but they're still a good set of figures.

The ratio of new entries to relatives matched is still an impressive 9.6. On average every 10th person entered produced a match. Welcome to all the new Essex Members.

Good Luck Everyone!

upload_2021-3-12_10-32-12.png

• Thanks! Thanks! x 2
  19. Red Dragon

Hi Everyone!

• 54 new members joined the LostCousins site
    • 5,184 new entries have been added and
    • 402 relatives have been matched.
    Always good to see New Members joining. Only new Members down this week, but 54 is still above the running average for the last 20 weeks.

Good Luck Everyone!

upload_2021-3-19_10-58-19.png

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  20. Red Dragon

Hi Everyone!

• 54 new members joined the LostCousins site
    • 6,702 new entries have been added and
    • 344 relatives have been matched.
    Always good to see New Members joining. Only Relatives matched down this week, but they're all very good numbers for this time of the year.

Good Luck Everyone!

upload_2021-3-26_10-50-43.png

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1