1. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

2. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  3. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  4. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

How You can Help Yourself to Taste Success!

Discussion in 'How to decide who to enter' started by Red Dragon, May 10, 2013.

1. Heather

Heather LostCousins Member

Thanks Peter, my husband and I have just last week, rewritten our wills and have included a medical and normal power of attorney, not a pleasant task but one that needs to be done now that we are coming to the end of our younger years. I am in the process of bringing together all such information along with banking, insurance details etc. When done and everything is secured away, we can get on living the rest of our lives................ which we hope will be many, many years into the future.. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Red Dragon

Red Dragon LostCousins Megastar

Hi Everyone!

Here's a weekly update on how well people have been doing over at LostCousins.
    • 47 new members joined the LostCousins site
    • 1,580 new entries have been added and
    • 96 relatives have been matched.
    Numbers looking much better this week, great to see so many new members each week, we just need to be able to convert them into active members who add their relatives.

I'm still using FTAnalyzer which helps me so much, and I hear on the grapevine that there are exciting new reports being considered.

Good Luck Everyone!

Here's a graph showing the activity over at the Lost Cousins site.
    upload_2015-8-21_10-7-31.png

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  3. Red Dragon

Hi Everyone!

• 48 new members joined the LostCousins site
    • 1,206 new entries have been added and
    • 61 relatives have been matched.
    I was feeling a bit disheartened with the numbers, so I looked back to this time last year, and the numbers are pretty much the same! So I don't feel so bad now, it must be a seasonal issue!

I'm still using FTAnalyzer and there's been no new questions posted so everyone must be using it perfectly!

Good Luck Everyone!

upload_2015-8-28_10-3-45.png

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  4. Red Dragon

Hi Everyone!

• 98 new members joined the LostCousins site
    • 1,978 new entries have been added and
    • 74 relatives have been matched.
    All the numbers up this week, which is great news.

Lovely to see new members joining, so hopefully lots of more numbers in the up and coming weeks.

Good Luck Everyone!

upload_2015-9-4_9-4-27.png

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  5. Red Dragon

Hi Everyone!

• 156 new members joined the LostCousins site
    • 2,713 new entries have been added and
    • 140 relatives have been matched.
    All the numbers up again this week, which is great news. Has everybody started adding relatives again or do you think it might have something to do with Peter's latest Newsletter?

New members are up, if these are people you've suggested to join, please encourage them to add their relatives and help them if they have any questions.

Lovely to see new members joining, so hopefully lots of more numbers in the up and coming weeks.

Good Luck Everyone!

upload_2015-9-11_10-44-13.png

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  6. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

Thanks, Red - as you can tell we're well on the way to my 100,000 target, with 99,570 members as I write (up from 99,355 when the last newsletter went out just over a week ago). There are still over 450 free subscriptions available to attract new members, so if anyone reading this knows of a serious researchers who haven't joined, now's the time to do them a favour!

• Thanks! Thanks! x 2
  7. Tony

Tony LostCousins Member

I think I've just increased the membership by two following a single manual referral (a husband and wife team) so I hope they get busy and enter lots of relatives!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Red Dragon

Hi Everyone!

• 161 new members joined the LostCousins site
    • 3,899 new entries have been added and
    • 216 relatives have been matched.
    All the numbers up again this week, which is great news. Peter doesn't have far to reach his goal! One final push and it could be done in the next 2 weeks.

New members are up, if these are people you've suggested to join, please encourage them to add their relatives and help them if they have any questions.

Good Luck Everyone!

upload_2015-9-18_6-48-35.png

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  9. peter

Keep it up everyone - just 269 to go, and 12 days before the end of the month. It's going to be close!

The good news is that there are more than 269 free subscriptions still to be claimed - how about offering them to the cousins you've met on Genes Reunited and Ancestry?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. peter

Just under 200 to go - well done, everyone! Only 20 new members a day and we'll reach the target. There are still lots of free subscriptions to entice new members - remember to tell your friends and relatives to enter 65TH at the bottom of the registration page.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. peter

It's going to be close - less than 8 days left and we're still 159 short of the target.....

12. peter

On my My Cousins page I've got 41 cousins and other relatives who are all actively researching their family tree (there are also a dozen or so other entries, mostly family members who are interested, but not active in their research). Most of them I found not through LostCousins, but through other research (and sometimes other websites). I don't think there's anything particularly special about my family tree - most of my ancestors were poor farm labourers, and if there are any connections to royalty I've yet to find them.

What about you? Does your My Cousins page look like mine, or are there some relatives you've forgotten to invite to join?

13. DavidP

DavidP LostCousins Member

I've got two Kings in my family tree: Rachel and Mary (great great grandmothers). Their children married. That's as close to royalty that I have got.:rolleyes:

So far I have only located one "Lost Cousin" and sadly they had died before I tried to contact them.

I've got about 1500 people in my tree, but only 233 in My Ancestors - I know, I know, I should enter more to increase my chances of more matches, but I keep getting sidetracked....(lie replying to this post!)

14. peter

But surely you're in touch with some other researchers who share your ancestors? They're the people you could invite to join.

Of course, inviting the cousins you know won't help you personally, but it will help them as well as the other members who are their cousins (but through different lines). And get us closer to the target!

15. peter

144 short of the target - with under 6 days remaining. Time to check which of the researchers you've invited have yet to sign up? Remember to pass on the 65TH code!

16. Red Dragon

Hi Everyone!

• 127 new members joined the LostCousins site
    • 4,893 new entries have been added and
    • 429 relatives have been matched.
    As Peter has just mentioned, we're 144 short on 100,000 Members! One last push, check the people you've invited, have they responded? Ask them why wouldn't they join up?

A great set of numbers this week, lots of new entries and consequently, lots of matches. This week the ratio of new entries to matches was 11.4, every 12th person added matched with someone! Surely we all have 12 people we could add?

Good Luck Everyone!

upload_2015-9-25_11-20-19.png

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  17. peter

48 to go and 36 hours remaining - that's 1 new member needed for every 45 minutes. It's going to be VERY close!

18. peter

13 to go and 24 hours remaining - I'm starting to think we might make it!

19. peter

Fantastic news - we passed the 100,000 mark a couple of hours ago!

Well done, everyone - now start connecting with all those new cousins!

• Thanks! Thanks! x 5
  20. emjay

emjay LostCousins Member

Congratulations!

• Agree Agree x 1