1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Herts Memories

Discussion in 'More Hertfordshire Resources' started by Jennie, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Jennie

Jennie LostCousins Member

Herts Memories is where you can share and enjoy photos, memories and historical research on Hertfordshire

One topic is the Geoff Webb Collection 'with well over 4500 pictures, and still growing and is a record of village life in Redbourn spanning around 130 years.'

2. Carla

Carla LostCousins Star

My father-in-law was born in Redbourn, in no.98 High Street, so this is fascinating! Thank you so much.

3. Jennie

So pleased for you! :) As I was viewing them I was wishing I had rellies there and I'll look out for Hemel Hempstead for you while on my cyber-travels. Have you any connection with Great Waltham?

Edited 5 mins later: Thanks to one of our diligent Moderators, link to Herts Memories already fixed - hope you find this site helps you some way.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  4. AnneC

AnneC LostCousins Star

Thanks Jennie for finding this - I have relatives from Redbourn, and I have just spent an enjoyable evening trying to link up some of the families, by starting with one of the photos of James & Annie Seabrook. By looking at census records which matched with details given on the site, I followed James back to 1891 - and discovered I already had a copy of the census......he was my 3rd cousin 3 times removed! Fascinating to see photos of him, and others from Redbourn.

5. Jennie

Thanks, AnneC, you have made me really happy - am delighted for you! :)