1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Has anyone had experiences about CuriousFox contact website?

Discussion in 'General Genealogical Queries' started by Bob Spiers, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Bob Spiers

Bob Spiers LostCousins Superstar

Although I found a couple of references to CuriousFox on the Forum (about people not replying) there was nothing to tell me if it is good, bad or indifferent. I know I first used it more than 4/5 years ago as I came across my old login password, which still worked incidentally. I seem to think CuriousFox cropped up after I had been trying to find someone in Northamptonshire with knowledge of a surname in the Kettering area. I don't think it really led anywhere at the time.

I wanted to do a similar thing with a surname in Birmingham and tried Roots Chat which I have found useful in the past, but not particularly so this time. So on the spur of the moment I Googled the surname linking it to Birmingham, and -you've guessed it - up came a response tied to CuriousFox. As it turned out it was not the connection I sought but thought it would be worthwhile to enquire further. Then I found whilst I was free to post I would need to be a subscriber (a very modest £5.50 annual subscription) to be able to have a two way dialogue. Only one has to be a subscriber for this to be effective. I might go ahead and do it anyway but thought I would just ask if anyone has better experience of being a subscriber or, for that matter, an active member of longer standing.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
  2. emjay

emjay LostCousins Member

Like you Bob, I visited once and got a response. I think one would have to visit with some degree of regularity to check for further possible responses.....must look up my log in details.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  3. pjd

pjd LostCousins Star

I was a member for a while & picked a few useful snippets. I haven't spent time there recently so don't know how active the Curious community is.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. emjay

emjay LostCousins Member

Log in details worked,but did not find much in the way surnames of interest to me.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  5. haitchdt

haitchdt LostCousins Star

I have given more info on this site than received, but what I have received was very useful to my search, I have searched by town/village for background as well as names for people