1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Happy Birthday gift

Discussion in 'Comments on the latest newsletter' started by Rhian, May 5, 2018.

1. Rhian

Rhian LostCousins Member

I was wondering about the 'rules' of the contest, I have fulfilled all the criteria but I was wondering about the first item, log on to the site at least once. I am always logged on, my computer runs 24/7 with 20 or so sites open in browser tabs, including LC and the forum. I do occasionally get emails from LC telling me I last logged on 6 or 9 months ago despite the fact that I rarely log out.

To be certain I am in with a chance I should log out and back in again I suppose but I am not sure if doing that on the same day will count, it depends on how the logins are logged, I may need to log out for some days. It would be a pity to get excluded due to a technical error.

2. Bryman

Bryman LostCousins Megastar

Your My Details page at LostCousins contains . . .

Privacy Settings
    When you log-in at LostCousins we will store a cookie on your hard drive, but it will be deleted when you log-out (don't log-out if you want to be logged-in automatically when you next visit the site). No personal information will be stored in the cookie, and no information about you or your browsing habits will be available to other websites.

I take this to mean that you will be recorded as having logged in whenever you visit the site, provided that you have this option for Auto Log-in selected and do not ever log-out.

I thought that one of the LC pages identified the date of last log-in but I cannot find that. Perhaps that could be a suggestion for Peter to add? That might avoid unnecessary worry for some members.

(I was always taught that I should not drop my 'h's.
    Perhaps a moderator would be kind enough . . . ? and then delete this request?)

3. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

No need to worry - I won't actually be checking whether members have logged-in or not, because it's also a requirement to enter at least one relative - and you can't do that without visiting the website.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  4. Tim

Tim Megastar and Moderator Staff Member

There is a "Last entry on your My Ancestors page created: 30th April 2018" entry on the My Summary page.