1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Geocoding old placenames

Discussion in 'Family Tree Analyzer' started by Bryman, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Alexander Bisset

Alexander Bisset Administrator Staff Member

As far as I am aware it is per user not per program. During beta testing of the geocoding feature I'm quite sure that between Tim, Martin, John & Myself we hit way more than the limit per day combined. So if it had been all FT Analyzer users combined I'm sure we'd have noticed.

I suspect it was just a temporary error. As Tim hinted at error 500 means a server error this is different from being over the limit it means something went wrong at the server end when it was trying to construct a reply. After a while it will just give up as you noted. Then as Tim says waiting and trying another day usually means they have fixed the problem and it will just work.

2. AnneC

AnneC LostCousins Star

My local parish church. If I can be of any help with any local searches, do let me know.

3. Bryman

Bryman LostCousins Megastar

Thanks for the offer but hopefully I shall not need to put you to any bother. As far as I know, that location is only relevant to the parents of my 4th cousins who were born in Berkshire early in 20th century. The father was buried at St Lawrence in 1960. He was a much closer relative of another Lost Cosins member (not yet a LC Forum member) who I believe lives in/near Reading. I have friends currently living in Inkpen and have visited them and Hungerford (for antiques) many times although it would be rather a long way for a repeat visit now.

4. AnneC

AnneC LostCousins Star

Just noticed that you are in Christchurch, so is quite a long way for a visit! I'm hoping to make the trek to NZ sometime soon as my daughter now lives in Blenheim.

5. Bryman

Bryman LostCousins Megastar

Let me know when you are coming to see your daughter and we might be able to meet. However, a journey from Blenheim to Christchurch, or the other way round, is probably about 4-5 hours by car or even train! It could even take longer as there is so much to see on the way.