1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Genealogy and Local History – Wirksworth Area

Discussion in 'Derbyshire' started by Jennie, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Jennie

Jennie LostCousins Member

The Genealogy and Local History of the Wirksworth Area, Derbyshire, England from 1600s-1900s lists over 420,000 original records

If you are looking for a particular or a rare surname, and have the time, try doing a thorough search of ALL databases in this website. A search for “All surnames” in the major databases is available and each database has its own Index.

[Because of the magnitude of the transcriptions given on this site and my rarer surnames, I do a quick search through the "All Surnames" just to re-assure myself (!), then I find it more accurate to go through each individual database which does, sometimes, add another record or two. I then copy and paste to a document those databases I have searched. And, lastly, I endeavour to check my findings at the original sources of the information.]