1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Free UK & Irish records on Ancestry.co.uk this weekend

Discussion in 'Latest news' started by Tony, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Tony

Tony LostCousins Member

Various blogs have announced that there will be free access to Ancestry's UK and Irish records this coming weekend, e.g. British GENES blog.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 3
  2. emjay

emjay LostCousins Member

Wasn't anything for me and my Irish research on there,not even the facts I do have. But it did send me to sleep as I scrolled....and scrolled....and scrolled, through endless unrelated items despite some quiet specific search parameters

3. Tony

Tony LostCousins Member

Yorkshire West Riding parish registers and 1910 Tax Valuation were more fruitful for me, but I was disappointed to find that Otley All Saints 1754-1812 baptisms weren't available. Even the specific search interface for that record set was appalling - I had to put Otley in as a Keyword rather than Location or Parish to make it work for marriages!