1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Free Canadian records

Discussion in 'Latest news' started by Fern49, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Fern49

Fern49 LostCousins Star

Ancestry, for the past few days, has had their Canadian records free for viewing. I believe the offer ends shortly.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  2. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

There was a link in my latest newsletter - the offer ended yesterday.

3. Gillian

Gillian LostCousins Star

Ah w ell. :( Yet another lesson to read the newsletters properly and take note. By the way, I cancelled my sub to Ancestry a few weeks ago in the expectation (hope) I'd get some kind of special cheap renewal offer. Still waiting! Someone somewhere said she never has to wait more than a couple of weeks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. AnneC

AnneC LostCousins Star

I did the same, but then discovered a really good offer had gone into my spam folder....and I had missed the deadline!!

5. emjay

emjay LostCousins Member

Can you not read your spam list without opening a message? I personally would not have an advertiser such as Ancestry marked as spam, just delete/pop in the bin if not interested. However,Peter's newsletters usually have info on any offers.

6. Alexander Bisset

Alexander Bisset Administrator Staff Member

It might be an overly aggressive spam filter. Almost all spam filters have the option to mark a mail or a sender as not spam. Adding the sender's address to your contacts list will achieve the same thing.

7. AnneC

AnneC LostCousins Star

Yes, I've added the address now so shouldn't happen again. ..just didn't occur to me to check that folder before. I get so few important mails, and others know me well enough to either phone me or contact through facebook if they don't get an immediate answer by email.