1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Forum activity

Discussion in 'General Genealogical Queries' started by emjay, Apr 14, 2015.

1. emjay

emjay LostCousins Member

Good to see new 'posters' recently, although some "new members" have been members for quite some time.
    The more activity there is, the more discussion, which leads to more useful information on the forum.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Alexander Bisset

Alexander Bisset Administrator Staff Member

Peter has been true to his word and instigated a survey of forum members to elicit reasons they might not have used the forum. I suspect this has meant a lot of people remembered and have logged in again to find a lot of new info since they were last here and hopefully a welcoming community.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Margery

Margery LostCousins Member

Yes, what a surprise to open my "New Posts" yesterday and find 22 messages! Welcome all - I am happy to assist with any Australian research (if I can, that is). I am certainly no expert but might be able to head people in the right direction.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  4. Heather

Heather LostCousins Member

Yes Margery, I second that, welcome to all our "new" members, the more thae merrier.

5. emjay

emjay LostCousins Member

Thanks Margery, you have certainly helped me in the past, and pointed me to free Australian resources. I was able to discover a hitherto unknown family journey from rural Cheshire to a new life in Broken Hill,NSW.

6. Katie Bee

Katie Bee LostCousins Member

In March hardly anyone was posting, I managed to keep up with the forum while I was away quite easily.
    I turned my back for the last week and had 3 pages of New Posts to look at!
    It is lovely to see the forum coming to life again.
    I hope Peter gets some good information out of the survey.

• Agree Agree x 2