1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Fathering Girls

Discussion in 'Comments on the latest newsletter' started by Alexander Bisset, Aug 1, 2013.

1. B C Chris

B C Chris LostCousins Member

I originally wrote that my 2x great grandfather had two boys in his seventies. After obtaining his marriage certificate he married at age 68 and had my great grandfather at age 69 and his brother at age 71. Unfortunately there appears to be no record of my great grandfathers birth (or for that matter my 2x great grandfather) but my 2x great grandfather was 71 or 72 when the second son was born. While I did not get his death record he appears to have died at age 77.