1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

E-Bay

Discussion in 'Search tips - discussion' started by Emma, May 31, 2013.

1. Emma

Emma Member

On my e-bay account I "watch" for anything relating to the particular village I am interested in and as a result have obtained several postcards. Today I searched for another village of interest and was amazed to see photographs of individual headstones from the Church graveyard available at the cost of £7.99 each. Out of interest I subsequently tried searching for the village name + one of the names I could read on a headstone but that produced no results. Don't know how prevalent this is on e-bay but it could be of interest to those outside the UK.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  2. SuzanneD

SuzanneD LostCousins Star

Some sites (I'm thinking TradeMe, the e-bay equivalent in New Zealand) allow you to have 'saved searches' or 'favourites' that email you when a new item of interest (matching your search terms) is listed. The best item I've got is a jigsaw puzzle of the house built by my 3xgreat-grandfather, although I must admit I've never made up the puzzle! I had seen one before and always kicked myself for not buying it, so I'm pleased to have got a second chance.