1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Dyfed Family History Society

Discussion in 'More Welsh Resources' started by Shayne, May 25, 2013.

1. Shayne

Shayne Member

From the site; "Dyfed is now a Preserved County of Wales used for the ceremonial purposes of Lieutenancy and Shrievalty. It was created on 1 April 1974 from the administrative counties of Cardiganshire, Carmarthenshire, and Pembrokeshire, and used for local government and other purposes between 1974 and 1996. "

Great place to start to find out what is where in these three Welsh counties.

Dyfed Family History.

2. Jennie

Jennie LostCousins Member

I live not too far from the Three Counties Showground so you puzzled me for a moment! The Three Counties of England are traditionally the three agrarian counties of Gloucestershire, Herefordshire and Worcestershire.

3. Shayne

Shayne Member

Opps! Being from Canada, I've never heard of The Three Counties. I'll edit my first post so there is no confusion.

Thanks Jennie.