1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

DNA Detectives

Discussion in 'DNA Questions and Answers' started by palfamily, Oct 29, 2018.

1. palfamily

palfamily LostCousins Member

Shortly after I first had my DNA test with Ancestry I had a contact from someone who was trying to find the birth parents of a baby found abandoned in London in 1942. It is one of my highest Ancestry matches and we fall in the range of 3-4 gg grandparents. I found her website and was quite fascinated. I haven't followed any of the various TV shows about Family History and have no interest in getting involved apart from giving her my ancestral tree. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2018
  2. jorghes

jorghes LostCousins Superstar

Nothing so dramatic!

Although I do have contact with one of my mother's cousins who was adopted out of our extended family - slightly confusingly, her ancestry tree is focused around her adoptive family rather than what she knows about her birth family; although completely understandable. I discovered our link when, I think, she contacted me and gave me the name of her birth mother, I unfortunately don't know much more, though I promised to share if I did discover anything about her birth mother or her family more than what I know already.

I had a quick look at the website, that's a very interesting role to be in and I'm sure it would be very rewarding - and really shows what DNA is capable of.