1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Deceased Online

Discussion in 'Comments on the latest newsletter' started by AndyMick, Jul 23, 2013.

1. AndyMick

AndyMick LostCousins Star

Thanks Peter for the pointer in the mid July 2013 newsletter to the new West Yorks entries on Deceased Online.

Most of the useful information (name, date and place) is available on the free summary page. Has anyone paid money to find out more? What extra info do you get?

2. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

I can't tell you what you'd get for West Yorkshire, but when I've found my ancestors in east London cemeteries the information has included people buried in the same grave (very useful indeed if it's a family grave, usually irrelevant if it's a paupers' grave), the grave number/plot number, the date of the funeral, and the name/address of the funeral director.

3. AndyMick

AndyMick LostCousins Star

Thanks Peter - not a lot of extra info if it's a crematorium!

4. Bee

Bee LostCousins Superstar

In some cases you can download a copy of the burial register entry.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1