1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Congratulations to the Forum!

Discussion in 'Latest news' started by Tim, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Tim

Tim Megastar and Moderator Staff Member

We've just hit over a 1000 members!

LC snap.PNG

2. Margery

Margery LostCousins Member

Let's hope that we hear from Chris from Stansted then!

3. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

Even better, come to Genealogy in the Sunshine and meet him!

4. Margery

Margery LostCousins Member

Oh Peter, how I wish I could:(!

5. peter

Why not - we already have one attendee from Australia, plus lots from North America. It's only the other side of the world, after all.

6. Gillian

Gillian LostCousins Star

Money, money, money
    Must be funny
    In the rich man's world
    Money, money, money
    Always sunny
    In the rich man's world
    Aha-ahaaa
    All the things I could do
    If I had a little money
    It's a rich man's world

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. peter

To misquote a presidential candidate: "Read my Tips!"

8. Gillian

Gillian LostCousins Star

Which tip exactly might you be thinking of, Peter?

9. peter

All of them!

10. Gillian

Gillian LostCousins Star

Can't buy Tesco's wine in Finland.
    Can't get to Glasgow for WDYTYA (see, Money Money)
    Don't want a Kindle, Family Tree, Table or Ipad - anyhow, save more by not buying what you neither want nor need.:D

11. Liberty

Liberty LostCousins Megastar

Yup, every week I save at least £1 by not buying a lottery ticket.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. peter

Actually you save at least £4, as there are two draws each week, and the tickets are now £2 each.

13. peter

I agree that some of my tips are targeted people who live in the UK (like most of what I write about, they're based on my own experience), but you can save on Ancestry, Findmypast and other websites with the offers I arrange. Some researchers in Australia (which is where Margery lives) have saved hundreds of dollars by following my advice.

And many people could save money in their own countries by applying similar principles. The same strategies generally work when I'm travelling.

14. Gillian

Gillian LostCousins Star

I agree, Peter, and I have followed your advice on countless things, e.g. Repixl, for which I'm very grateful. As for Findmypast, I told you the unhappy story of how they tried to overcharge several of us when we renewed our World subs (so-called 10% discount amounting to sub. of £143.96) . We sorted it out and got a good reduction in the end (refund of £27.41) , but only thanks to a wide-awake member of the Kent Family History Society. So I'm a wee bit wary of Findmypast from now on.

15. Tim

Tim Megastar and Moderator Staff Member

LC snap1.PNG

94 new members since Wednesday!

16. Liberty

Liberty LostCousins Megastar

Thank you, Peter - I feel even richer now!