1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Church of England

Discussion in 'More English Resources' started by Gillian, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Gillian

Gillian LostCousins Star

If those of you with ancestors in the Church of England haven't already found it, I can recommend the Clergy of the Church of England Database CCEd. As it says on its Welcome page:

"The Clergy of the Church of England Database 1540-1835 (CCEd), launched in 1999 and funded by the Arts and Humanities Research Council, makes available and searchable the principal records of clerical careers from over 50 archives in England and Wales with the aim of providing coverage of as many clerical lives as possible from the Reformation to the mid-nineteenth century."

I, at least, have found it very useful.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2015
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2