1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

certificates held

Discussion in 'Ask Peter' started by Charlotte26, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Charlotte26

Charlotte26 LostCousins Member

Do you have to have the actual certificate to tick the boxes in the additional information section for ancestors that lived in Scotland? Just asking as it's obviously cheaper to view the register copy on Scotland's People than order the printed extract.

2. Heatherblether

Heatherblether LostCousins Member

Hi Charlotte 26I know its been a while but I have just come across your question - I have ticked the boxes for having certificates for my Scottish ancestors - indeed one of those was more accurate than the printed certificate that was bought by my mother 20 years ago. Obviously the registrar reading the entry and putting their guess on it - when you know the bigger picture then you can make out what it should have been!

I dont think cost comes into it - its really that you have the proof - well as much as possible!!