1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Can Discussion Display Options be made to stick

Discussion in 'More Resources' started by Mike, May 1, 2013.

1. Mike

Mike Member

I know how to sort discussions by Title but does anyone know if it is possible to make the forum remember my settings.

For example on the "More English Resources" forum I would like the posts to be always sorted alphabetically to make things easier to find.

It is easy to do (by clicking on the word "Title" twice or using "Discussion Display Options" toward bottom of page) but once I leave this page and go elsewhere the setting is lost.

I think as more and more resources appear this will become more and more useful.

Most forums are best set to sort by date so I don't want it to apply everywhere but on the resource type pages it would be very useful.

It is not a big problem of course. I think I can manage 2 extra clicks but I just thought I'd ask in case anybody knows.

Cheers

2. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

I think you're going to have to continue with those clicks, Mike - this extra data would potentially have to be stored for tens of thousands of users multiplied by hundreds of thousands of threads, which is an awful lot of data.