1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Calendar Conundrum

Discussion in 'Comments on the latest newsletter' started by Maid of Kent, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Maid of Kent

Maid of Kent Member

Thanks once again, Peter, for such an interesting Newsletter. Also for the correct information on the calendar and its eccentricities. Did you actually manage to find a totally correct answer? If so, I would like to congratulate them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Tim

Tim Megastar and Moderator Staff Member

Time is only relative. :)

And to answer Peter's question, I would keep my birthday.

I always wonder how much the average person knew about what was going on about the calendar changes.
    Did they even celebrate birthdays?

3. Alexander Bisset

Alexander Bisset Administrator Staff Member

The certainly knew about the change in September when they "Lost" 11 days. There were riots.

4. Tim

Riots you say? They must have had too much time on their hands!! ;)

5. Liberty

Liberty LostCousins Megastar

I don't....

6. Tim

ok, Well a very Happy Un-Birthday to you!

7. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

There is no evidence that there were any riots - it seems to be a myth that has sprung up over the years.

8. Alexander Bisset

Alexander Bisset Administrator Staff Member

Ah of course I didn't go back and check before posting. I do recall its an urban myth.

9. Maid of Kent

Maid of Kent Member

:confused: Still waiting to hear who, if anyone, won the Calendar Conundrum please.

10. Maid of Kent

Maid of Kent Member

:confused: Still waiting to hear who, if anyone, won the Calendar Conundrum please.

11. Maid of Kent

Maid of Kent Member

:eek: Ooops! I've started to stutter :p

12. Britjan

Britjan LostCousins Star

It looks as if there might be an interesting book on the subject although it's not in public libraries at least in my part of Canada.

13. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

The result was in my 11th October newsletter.

14. Maid of Kent

Maid of Kent Member

Thanks Peter. For some reason that Newsletter and the one for 25 Oct managed to deposit themselves into my FH folder. So congrats to David.

15. Heather

Heather LostCousins Member

More like a hiccup I would say, He He!!

• Agree Agree x 1