1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Calderdale resources

Discussion in 'West Riding' started by pjd, Jun 15, 2013.

1. pjd

pjd LostCousins Star

The Calderdale area includes the towns of Halifax, Brighouse, Elland, Hebden Bridge, Sowerby Bridge and Todmorden. Here are some resources I have found useful when researching my Calderdale relatives:

From Weaver to Web
    - online visual archive of Calderdale history, giving access to over 23,000 images, accompanied by supporting historical information

Malcolm Bull's Calderdale Companion

Milltown Memories
    - no longer published magazine but issues 1-15 available onlinewith good photos & articles

Friends of Lister Lane Cemetery