1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Broken links in FTAnalyzer Website

Discussion in 'Family Tree Analyzer' started by Maid of Kent, Aug 24, 2013.

1. Alexander Bisset

Alexander Bisset Administrator Staff Member

The program CANNOT automatically work out who you have entered on the Lost Cousins website as there is no information to go on. Several pieces of linking information are missing. Firstly it has no clue who you are and what your Lost Cousins login is so therefore has no access to your my ancestors page. Secondly even if it did have that info there is no information in a GEDCOM that would link an ancestor in the GEDCOM to one on your my ancestors page. At best it could only guess which ancestor on the website linked to which one in the GEDCOM.

Maybe in future we could find some linking mechanism but its unlikely to be soon. So for now you enter census facts and then once you enter the data to Lost Cousins you tag the fact in your family tree program thus turning the coloured report green.

2. Maid of Kent

Maid of Kent Member

Great. All sorted now and thanks for the help

3. Maid of Kent

Maid of Kent Member

Uh,oh!! Not quite sorted. I just re-read Alexander's message. How do I do this:

" tag the fact in your family tree program"

Having mastered the actual first entry I need to know how to "tag", please.

4. Tim

Tim Megastar and Moderator Staff Member

Hi,

Tagging is the same as creating, which we discussed in the PMs. For a person to appear Green in FTA, it needs a census Fact and for LC years, it needs a Lost Cousins Fact.

For FTA to start showing you some good reports, each person needs census Facts adding and for everyone you have entered at Lost Cousins website, you need to create a Lost Cousins Fact for them as well.

5. Maid of Kent

Maid of Kent Member

Thanks Tim. Will get the hang of it all one of these days.

6. Tim

Tim Megastar and Moderator Staff Member

That's ok, there's no big rush. :)