1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

British Pathé Historic Clips

Discussion in 'More English Resources' started by Jennie, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Jennie

Jennie LostCousins Member

British Pathé Historic Clips

Pathé News was a producer of newsreels, cinemagazines and documentaries from 1910 until 1970 in the United Kingdom.

Fancy a break? Choose your subject, sit back and watch. I found delightful footage of the village I grew up in and some of the people I knew. Enjoy!

• Good tip Good tip x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Carla

Carla LostCousins Star

I had a look at this a while ago and found myself wandering all over. I got completely side tracked and ended up watching all sorts. A brilliant way to see history. Lucky you, Jennie, to see people you knew :)

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  3. Jennie

Jennie LostCousins Member

I found mine in the mid-1950s and it involved a butcher, a baker and a rabbit in a pram, all meant to be serious! :) Did you manage to find any villages or towns you and your rellies lived in? Let me know and if not I'll have a search for you as well.

Pathé News was a producer of newsreels, cinemagazines and documentaries from 1910 until 1970 in the United Kingdom. I shall add this to its source information.

4. Carla

Carla LostCousins Star

Sadly i didn't find any footage of relatives but as i was born in Bournemouth i have spent many a fine few minutes checking out the footage and giggling at the 'Bournemouth swimsuits' and 'hairstyles in Bournemouth'. the innocence of the era was very apparent. I have also found the war footage interesting. (Guess where i vanished to for half an hour after i read your post?) I hadn't been on there for a while so you reminded me why i found it so good. Thanks Jennie :D

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1