1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Billion Graves

Discussion in 'More Resources' started by Heather, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Heather

Heather LostCousins Member

I don't think this site is mentioned anywhere else on here, I was directed to it whilst looking for information on Ancestry. I found the grave I was searching for with a great picture which I could download. There are Google aerial shots and lists of nearby cemeteries, really worth a look.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  2. Britjan

Britjan LostCousins Star

I agree that it's worth using the billiongraves site particularly in conjunction with the other sites as its map layouts are a convenient way of refreshing your memory on cemetery locations. From a random search I found quite often another site had a more comprehensive list for a cemetery that had few actual photos at billiongraves and vice-versa. Simply scrolling early Canadian records at all sites gave me a couple of migration patterns to pursue for my casual one-name studies.
    I was reminded as well that I had undertaken a search at a local cemetery (in West Toronto, Canada) on behalf of someone I had met on line. In the course of that research I gained a much better understanding of the part my local and ethnically diverse community had played in WWI.