1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Bedfordshire & Luton Archives and Records Service

Discussion in 'More Bedfordshire resources' started by Heilan Lass, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Heilan Lass

Heilan Lass LostCousins Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2021
    • Useful Useful x 2
  2. SuzanneD

SuzanneD LostCousins Star

I've found the BLARS website very useful, as someone with Bedfordshire ancestry living outside the UK - their online catalogue (while not complete) is easy to search for names, and when you do find something of interest, there's often quite a lot of information in the catalogue entry itself. They also have an efficient copying service that you can pay for online, if you find something of interest in the catalogue.

It's worth cross-referencing with the gaol records and checking any names of interest in both catalogues. I haven't ordered copies of any of the paper files from the gaol records to see what you get (the database information is reasonably extensive).

3. Stephen L

Stephen L LostCousins Member

• Thanks! Thanks! x 2