1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  3. Both the main LostCousins site and this forum have been upgraded to that you can log-in securely. If you are not automatically taken to the secure site simply add https:// at the beginning of the URL.
  4. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join please register NOW!

Ancestry is being strange

Discussion in 'Ancestry problems' started by jorghes, Apr 12, 2018.

1. jorghes

jorghes LostCousins Member

Is anyone else having these problems with Ancestry?

Suddenly Ancestry is forgetting that I have a full subscription and half the time will bring up the "buy a subscription" page every time I click on a link...

It's been happening all day and clicking every link about three times before Ancestry remembers I have a subscription is getting old fast.

Anyone else suffering?

2. Tim

Tim Moderator Staff Member

Afraid so. And other things, when you're on a person and click search, it goes to a generic search asking you to input data instead of just searching with the data from the person you're on.

3. jorghes

Luckily I haven't tried that one! I've just been attempting to get through my hints.

Although before that it was simply refusing to follow the link through... kept going to a "can't do this" page, and I had to repeat every click.

4. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

I haven't had any of those problems, but I've had the 'data unavailable' (or similar message come up quite a few times recently). It reminds of the old FamilySearch website, which was frequently overloaded.

The reload button often solves the problem first time, but sometimes it requires more patience. It might be worth trying one of the other Ancestry sites - I'm not sure whether they all share the same servers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Chris from Stansted

Chris from Stansted Genealogy in the Sunshine 2015

Just had this message from Ancestry.

My name is Audrey and I am a Directly Ancestry Expert. I will be happy to assist you with your question!

I am so sorry for the inconvenience. This is a widespread problem that is affecting many users and Ancestry is working to resolve it. Hopefully things will be restored very quickly.

Thank you for your patience. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 2
  6. PhoebeW

PhoebeW New Member

I had lost access for over a week. I found that I could access records through Chrome. The Directly Ancestry Experts are saying that Ancestry recommends using either Chrome or Safari for the best experience.

7. jorghes

Well, it seems to have fixed itself whatever was going on. Keeping my fingers crossed however!