1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Ancestry .ca 1921 Canadian Census

Discussion in 'Latest news' started by RonO, Oct 29, 2013.

1. RonO

RonO LostCousins Member

The indexed 1921 Canadian census was just released today by Ancestry.ca, and all seems to be working correctly with it now. So much better indexed, than having to browse hundreds of pages.

2. Doreen

Doreen LostCousins Star

It is great to have this indexed; however, the transcription is very, very poor, at least the areas in Manitoba where I have a lot of family. I have sent in numerous corrections in the past 3 hours. It would be wise to check the originals.

3. RonO

RonO LostCousins Member

I know what you mean, as my mother's maiden name was misspelled, and on the first day the indexed version came out, corrections couldn't be made. The next day things were ok, so I was finally able to correct.

4. Doreen

Doreen LostCousins Star

I have one couple whose race is Irish and English, and the transcription showed them as being Lithuanian! When I checked the original, there were several in a row, all English, all transcribed as Lithuanian.