1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Ancestry Advent Calendar - A census challenge for you

Discussion in 'General Genealogical Queries' started by Alexander Bisset, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Alexander Bisset

Alexander Bisset Administrator Staff Member

An interesting little challenge on Ancestry today...
    I thought forum users who hadn't seen this may be interested. Don't of course go and post the answer here and spoil the fun for everyone unless you first highlight the answer text and change it's colour to white so its hidden (white on white text can't be seen until you highlight the text!!).

ie: you can prove you've found the answer by hiding your answer, when you post it, as white text on a white background rather than posting it as normal text and spoiling the fun for everyone else.

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. Tim

Tim Megastar and Moderator Staff Member

Well this one strikes me as being a little odd

Street: Ock Street

Highlight between the lines.

3. Liberty

Liberty LostCousins Megastar

I have some of those in my tree (I really do) so no longer seems odd to me.

4. Britjan

Britjan LostCousins Star

Well this one was on FMP , the image makes it seem that the transcription is "reasonable", and you can check recent "sightings" in G***shire which give some credence to the occupation. My Smith family who I have only just traced to London were boring in comparison.
    SMITH, Thomas Head Married M 34 1847 Cat Proprioter Cheltenham, Gloucestershire