1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  3. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  4. Coronavirus Corner - a place to share your hopes, dreams, and frustrations.
  5. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

A red exclamation mark

Discussion in 'Key features of the LostCousins site' started by webwiz, May 24, 2020.

1. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

If you've already checked all your entries (ie using the arrows) there's no great urgency to locate the ones with red exclamation marks - since the chances are you haven't made a mistake.

But if you haven't checked your entries the ones that are flagged are just the tip of the iceberg - for each error you've made that is flagged with an exclamation mark there are likely to be 15 to 50 errors that aren't flagged.

2. Helen7

Helen7 LostCousins Superstar

I had just entered one census household, and then pressed Search. However, the new matches were NOT with this new household, but were in a completely different part of my tree.

Yes, I'm hoping so. I've pressed the 'Make Contact' button on the My Cousins page and am awaiting a reply. Hopefully they will respond.

That's a good idea.

3. peter

I include cousins in my tree and colour their icons so that I can see at a glance which ones are DNA matches and which ones I'm in correspondence with. But it may not be possible to do this in all tree programs.

4. canadianbeth

canadianbeth LostCousins Member

I received red marks for the last family I entered the other day. The grey arrow only lists the first five in FMP but if I click on the arrow for the four others it does come up with that same page. The spelling of the family is incorrect; it should be Moss, but was transcribed as Mors for half the family and Mose for the others. That is the way I entered them and put a note with the first one that it should be Moss. Only the Mors are on the FMP page. However, I also have a match for one of the Mose names so hopefully contacting that person will clear up any questions, since it is the Moss name that has me tearing at my hair regarding the contradictory DNA matches.

5. peter

When a household is split across two census pages a census reference search will only show the relatives on the first page; click the Household transcript icon to see the entire household (free when it's the 1881 Census).