1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

A most unusual page from the 1939 Register ?

Discussion in 'Latest news' started by peter, Mar 23, 2018.

1. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

The page above featured in the 13th March newsletter, and I asked what was most unusual about it.

Many unusual features were pointed out, but in my view the most unusual thing is that it isn't a genuine page from the 1939 Register - it is a mock-up produced by Findmypast to illustrate an article in Family Tree magazine.

Although it's cleverly done the fact that it seems to have been written with a gel pen (ie a ball-point), rather than a fountain pen is a bit of a giveaway.

2. Paulec

Paulec New Member

That would explain why I couldn't find any of the people searching the 1939 register.