1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

My first inception into Family History

Discussion in 'How I got started in Family History' started by Cymraeg2019, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Cymraeg2019

Cymraeg2019 LostCousins Member

Hello and thanks for letting me through the door .

My starting point was about 2006 when along with just getting my first Computer a second hand XP and about the same time the Mail on Sunday had a CD with a Free Trial with Ancestry ,well that was it been researching off and on ever since .
    Have been a member in turn of most of the Genealogy sites over the years and have also had and used a good few genealogy software programs for ones Tree ,some free some paid for and along the way have lost a few computers to the dreaded blue screen .
    These days the majority of my research is done online and I keep saying I will go on a a few Pilgrimages to where my forebears are from but life & illness has got in the way of that so far but hopefully next year shall start that quest .

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Heather

Heather LostCousins Member

Welcome to Lost Cousins Cymraeg, we are all here because of our love of family research and genealogy.

• Agree Agree x 2