1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

How I got started in family history

Discussion in 'How I got started in Family History' started by Marionmw, Nov 26, 2023.

1. Marionmw

Marionmw New Member

Good Morning Everyone, I started researching my father’s family in 1996. It’s been a great journey starting with my grandfather who changed his name when he enlisted in WW1.
    Also my late Mother was was adopted and through paper research we located her half-sister and we have met and she was an incredible (my Mum passed away in 1984 and we found my Aunt in 2004), I think they would have loved to have met one another.
    We have located my Mum’s biological father through DNA and we now have a very big family
    Love researching
    Regards Marion
    Sydney Australia

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  2. Heather

Heather LostCousins Member

Welcome to the forum Marion.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Marionmw

Marionmw New Member

Thanks Heather