1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Feedback on findmypast

Discussion in 'General Genealogical Queries' started by Bazza43, Jan 20, 2024.

1. Bazza43

Bazza43 LostCousins Member

I have always enjoyed researching on findmypast. I enjoy the way it works.
    But today they introduced a new feature: Sheffield Social History, which interests me greatly, since a good slab of my family history is there, and not always easy to find. My limited attempts to find something pointed up a problem, and a problem also in any potential solution: the most significant people in my family from around Sheffield have names like William Robinson and John Turner which were extremely popular. And at the foot of the list of matches (none of which appeared to be relevant) is a sample of newspaper pages featuring the persons in question with almost no indication of the likely relevance. Yes, they name the newspaper, and give the lead-in to the article but nothing else. You'd at least think they could include the year of publication!
    And now, you try to find 'contact us' and there isn't any. The site still allows reporting of transcription errors, which in my experience they promptly deal with. So I downloaded their app, but as far as I can fin, no luck there.
    So what do you do? I'm on facebook, but not experienced in using it. I don't want to post somethiing that might go viral, I'd rather give them the chance to fix it or at least respond, but they don't seem interested.

2. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

If you click Contact Us there is an enquiry form, a link to Live Chat and a phone number.

3. Bazza43

Bazza43 LostCousins Member

Thanks, Peter. A bit obvious, but it didn't seem like a live link.
    B.