1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Write for the Mass Observation Archive about lock-down

Discussion in 'Latest news' started by Elmac, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Elmac

Elmac LostCousins Member

I recently wrote to The Keep, the East Sussex Records Office, where the Mass Observation Archive is held, asking if they were going to record what life is like during this lock-down period, and I received a reply saying they were looking for volunteers to write for them.

I think that we, as family historians have a unique perspective on life at this time, so if you are bored with all the spring cleaning etc, why not put pen to paper, or fingers to a keyboard and have a go.

According to their website
    "Correspondents may email, type or write by hand, draw, send photographs, diagrams, cuttings from the press, poems, stories, letters and so on. No stress is placed on "good grammar", spelling or style. The emphasis is on self-expression, candour and a willingness to be a vivid social commentator, and tell a good story"

Here are the links to the website and also the registration page (it took me a little while to find it so thought I would make it easier for you - I've signed up!

Elaine

www.massobs.org.uk/write-for-us/covid-19
    www.massobs.org.uk/write-for-us/application-form

• Thanks! Thanks! x 2
  2. Kate

Kate LostCousins Member

Thanks I had not heard about this. I may do it for May 12.

3. Lankylady

Lankylady LostCousins Member

Thanks for the alert, I'd love to have a go at this and have filled in an application form.

4. LynneWK

LynneWK Genealogy in the Sunshine 2015

I have been keeping a daily diary so will give this a try. Have made an application. Thanks for the links