1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Wolverhampton and district

Discussion in 'More Staffordshire Resources' started by Catharine, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Catharine

Catharine Member

Transcriptions of parish and burial records for the area at www.wolverhamptonhistory.org.uk.
    They can be searched alphabetically for quite a few parishes.Also includes Wills for Wolverhampton

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Jennie

Jennie LostCousins Member

I agree with your choice of site, Catharine! Amongst other excellent records, it has such a wealth of transcribed Registers which can be downloaded for free in PDF format, I am listing them here:

Wolverhampton St. Peter's Parish Registers 1538-1875 (Bp-M-Burs);
    Wolverhampton & District Parish Registers 1751-1992 (Bp-M-Burs);
    Bilston St. Leonard's Parish Registers 1684-1837 (Bp-M-Burs);
    Bushbury St. Mary's Parish Registers 1562-1813 (Bps & Ms only);
    Willenhall Parish Registers 1642-1935 (Bp-M-Burs);
    Tettenhall St. Michael & All Angels Parish Registers 1602-1932 (Bp-M-Burs);
    Essington St. John the Evangelist Parish Registers 1873-1959 (Bps only);
    Wolverhampton Circuit Methodist Registers 1726-1968 (Bp-M-Burs);
    Burials at Merridale Cemetery, Jeffcock Road 1850-1937.