1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Why I decided to research my family tree

Discussion in 'How I got started in Family History' started by Eliz Purves, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Eliz Purves

Eliz Purves New Member

Nearly 40 years ago when I became pregnant with my first child, I decided I wanted him/her to know where he/she came from. I was born in England and my husband was born in Scotland. I was lucky because at that time I still had grandmothers alive who could tell me about their respective families. It was slightly more difficult for my husbands family as his grandparents were dead. The surnames in our families are, my line - Watts, Flaherty, Parker, Catton, Suckling, Halcombe, Longman, Davis and on my husbands line - Purves, Pendleton, Hunter, Wilson, Blackie, Cowper, Reid - just to name a few.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 2
  2. Heather

Heather LostCousins Member

Welcome to the forum Eliz.

3. Eliz Purves

Eliz Purves New Member

Thank you