1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

What to do? 2 Sarah Ann Kerley's?

Discussion in 'Search tips - discussion' started by Carla, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Alexander Bisset

Alexander Bisset Administrator Staff Member

My FTAnalyzer program treats ABT 1860 as being 1859 or 1860 for precisely the reason Peter mentions. All bar the 1841 census takes place in the first 100 days of the year. Thus around 30% of people on the census with a year abt 1860 will have been born in 1860 but around 70% of them will have been born in 1859 and have yet to have their birthday in the census year.

Thus on balance of probabilities you should consider it likely that the year is out by one from what most sites show.

2. Jacqueline

Jacqueline Moderator Staff Member

I have an instance of 2 betrothed people being baptised in the same church, different dates, only a very few weeks before they were married in the same church. There is no evidence of baptisms in their first years. Maybe the vicar wouldn't marry people whom he thought to unbaptised. 1849, Hoxton, if I remember correctly. I also have another couple of siblings from another family having adult baptisms before marriage in London in the 1850s