1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

What Peter's recommended reading lead me to

Discussion in 'Comments on the latest newsletter' started by At home in NZ, May 17, 2021.

1. Having used every link provided by Peter for the book 'Tracing Your First World War Ancestors' and finding it was either unavailable, not shipping to my area or available on 'pre order'** I decided to look for it in other sites that I use for purchasing books.
    One thing led to another and I found myself looking at a series of books 'Towns and Cities in World War Two'.
    although not strictly genealogy I think it could help to build a picture of people's lives during that period.

They may be available at other websites but I found a really good selection here:
    Towns and Cities in World War Two

** makes me shudder, an order is an order and you cannot make a post order!!

2. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

I did say in the review that it was only out in the UK, and wouldn't be released in other territories until next month. (I provided links to other Amazon sites for those who wanted to pre-order the book ahead of its release in their territory.)