1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Volunteers and Territorials

Discussion in 'More resources' started by Carla, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Carla

Carla LostCousins Star

The National archives has some useful information if you are starting out on this type of research. I used it initially until i realised my grandfather was actually in a Training Regiment.

Volunteers and Territorials

Also this site was interesting to have a browse around, although some of it deals with the Chatham Home Guard

The Home Guard

2. Carla

Carla LostCousins Star

I forgot to say my father has passed on to me this program that belonged to my grandfather Joseph Martin. It is the Stand Down Cabaret and Supper for the Bournemouth Hampshire Home Guard. Thought you might all be interested in seeing it...........
    Home Guard 6th Bournemouth Batallion.jpg Home Guard 6th bournemouth Batallion 1945.jpg

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  3. Tim

Tim Megastar and Moderator Staff Member

Carla, reduced to thumbnail size, great photos though.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  4. Carla

Carla LostCousins Star

Thanks ...i posted them around the time we discussed what size to post photos :oops:.