1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Viewing DNA matches

Discussion in 'Ancestry' started by Pauline, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Pauline

Pauline LostCousins Megastar

I'm finding a few strange things happening at Ancestry DNA this morning. When I click to view a particular match, the link to view 7 generations of their tree is missing. If I then click on the 'View full tree link' I get taken to a Join Ancestry page even though I'm still showing as logged in. If I click instead on the link with the number of people in the match's tree then it takes me, as expected, to the Pedigree View of the tree.

I've done all the usual deleting cookies etc and trying a different browser but still no joy. It was doing something similar intermittently yesterday and I was usually able to sort it by refreshing the page.

It's possible that this is happening because our account is due to auto-renew and it doesn't seem to have happened yet, or maybe it is affecting other people too. I don't seem to be having problems with anything else which requires a subscription.

2. jorghes

jorghes LostCousins Superstar

I'm afraid I don't seem to be having any issues with it.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  3. Pauline

Pauline LostCousins Megastar

Well, the renewal has now gone through and the link to expand the tree to 7 generations has come back. So I guess that was the problem, but it’s annoying to have lost this functionality just because the renewal hadn’t been done in a timely manner.

The same thing happened at FMP once at a weekend and there we had no subscriber access at all until the auto-renewal was finally done on the Monday.

4. jorghes

jorghes LostCousins Superstar

That's not fun at all!

5. For the record, I was in my Ancestry tree earlier today (it's 10pm here in NZ) and when I clicked on a Fact it hung and then I was asked to sign in. Quite weird!