1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Victoria and Albert Museum, London

Discussion in 'More London Resources' started by Jennie, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Jennie

Jennie LostCousins Member

Victoria and Albert Museum

Also known as V & A and reputed to be the world’s greatest museum of art and design. Open 10.00 to 17.45 daily, with a convenient late night until 22.00 on Fridays.

This excellent website offers another area for researching fashion, art, artefacts, photographs etc. I suggest clicking on “Search the Collections” to navigate the site, but be careful, you could be on there for hours!

IMO, well worth a visit if you are ever in London with the added bonus that if there is/are member(s) in your group who would prefer a different venue, the Natural History Museum is just down the road.

2. Alexander Bisset

Alexander Bisset Administrator Staff Member

And the Science Museum is directly opposite the V&A as are various pubs if there are members of your group that aren't museum goers. That said all the museums are free with a voluntary donation requested, the pubs you pay. ;)

3. Jennie

Jennie LostCousins Member

Thanks for adding the extra information. While writing my comments I was remembering the times my husband would take our young children to the Natural History Museum to see the dinosaurs and I would be 'free' to indulge in looking at any of the wonderful collections, especially Textiles. Here I could find much of the wearing apparel and quilts, etc I had read about in various ancestors' Wills.