1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Very late registration of a birth

Discussion in 'England & Wales BMD registers' started by Alexander Bisset, Jan 24, 2020.

1. MaryL

MaryL Genealogy in the Sunshine 2015

My father's birth was not registered when he was born in Ireland in 1897. I registered it myself 120 years later (to help one of his grandchildren apply for an Irish passport). Is that a record for late registration?

I have a certified copy of his baptism certificate which was made in November 1946. I don't know why he had it made, it could have been for a passport (though I don't know that he went abroad at that time, except to Ireland). It is an interesting coincidence that he had a need to document his date of birth in 1946, the same year as Lilian Vera.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  2. Alexander Bisset

Alexander Bisset Administrator Staff Member

Frank Williams who played the Vicar is still alive too.

3. Ron

Ron LostCousins Member

I've only seen one instance of a mother shown as 'deceased' on a birth certificate - Mary Ann Kendall was born on the 10 Oct 1880 and her mother (Sarah Ann Kendall) died 8 days later on the 18 Oct 1880, cause of death given as peritonitis.

=BC-1880-Mary-Ann-KENDALL-(ID209).jpg

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  4. Helen7

Helen7 LostCousins Superstar

That's interesting - thanks for posting this. My grandfather registered his wife's death on the day she died but strangely didn't register his daughter's (my mother's) birth until almost 3 weeks later.