1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Two Housholds on One Census Page

Discussion in 'Ask Peter' started by GrahamC, Apr 3, 2015.

1. GrahamC

GrahamC LostCousins Member

At the 1881 census I have two related households on one page of the census. LC thinks they are all one household. Can I separate then in any way?

2. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

Please see this FAQ

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  3. Liberty

Liberty LostCousins Megastar

Graham, I have LOTS of these*. At one time I separated them out into distinct households then I thought 'What the heck! Pile 'em all in together!' I reckon that if I ever match up with a LC on ONE household I might pull it out to be on its own but then again, the other LC might be related to all the rest too.
    * I have one instance where I think I can trace the relationship to me of an entire census page of people.

4. Bob Spiers

Bob Spiers LostCousins Superstar

I too have had a fair number of amalgamated family households which I never bothered to separate but a whole Census page is quite something!

My best in this respect came about when a Great x 2 Grandmother (with her second husband) ran a greengrocery shop and employed a good many family members on an apparent (from the night of the Census at any rate) live-in basis. I also found other family members (Great Aunts and Uncles with their families) living in adjacent 'back-to-back' properties sharing the same street base number (like 2 back of 4 and 3 back of 4) causing them to appear on the same page. A little short of a full page but a significant number of associated family members nevertheless.