1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Too many spouses shown by number in FTM 2014

Discussion in 'Family Tree Maker' started by Tomb, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Tomb

Tomb LostCousins Member

OK, here is my challenge. In the process of attaching a wife/spouse in the Tree tab on the People workspace I sometimes end up with a higher number of spouses shown beside the 'Choose Spouse' icon. This is despite the fact that I have entered the correct spouse and there is only one of them. This has usually arisen when I have changed the original spouse entry and used the 'Person' Menu to detach the selected person. I end up with the spouse I want but on pressing the 'Choose Spouse' icon in the sample shown it displays a double entry of (No Spouse Entered) in addition to my correct spouse. The number beside the icon shows 3. Can any one tell me how to get rid of the (No Spouse Entered) and bring the number of spouses back to 1 ? The Companion Guide does not address this.

upload_2015-3-31_14-9-32.png

Hey! I have found the answer. I wanted to get rid of the (No Spouse Entered) entries against Alexander Chrystie. I went to the 'Person' Menu to detach the selected person. On the Detach Alexander Chrystie panel that appeared were the two unknown spouses requiring a tick to remove them. Press OK and Hey Presto! The 'Choose Spouse' icon went back to the default position and only showed the number 1 beside it. Isn't it amazing how you solve your own problems when you start to ask the question!!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Margery

Margery LostCousins Member

Happens with me all the time when doing crosswords - I only have to ask my husband and the answer pops into my mind.

3. Tomb

Tomb LostCousins Member

Same here Margery with straight crosswords. I do get annoyed though when the answer is so so quirky to be almost cryptic!

4. Margery

Margery LostCousins Member

Tomb, do you do DA's crosswords in the Sydney Morning Herald? His supposedly "quick" crosswords always have a cryptic element.

5. Tomb

Tomb LostCousins Member

The Courier Mail (Brisbane) crossword is called 'The Big One'. It has a lot of colloquialisms as well as a few decidedly quirky/cryptic answers. I do enjoy it but sometimes the answers are a stretch of my comprehension. For example the clue- Not at all (5 letters) which I had correctly starting with N and ending with W also correct. The answer was No How!

6. emjay

emjay LostCousins Member

No Way!

7. Alexander Bisset

Alexander Bisset Administrator Staff Member

It's because of meaningless nonsense like that, that I steadfastly refuse to even try doing any form of crossword puzzle.