1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

The Glasgow Story - a heritage site + 1913/14 valuation rolls

Discussion in 'Lanarkshire' started by Sinnsearan, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Sinnsearan

Sinnsearan LostCousins Member

Hi folks
    The Glasgow Story site hosts Glasgow's 1913/14 valuation rolls - searchable by street name. You've got to get the spelling right though.

There is an advanced What, Where & Who search too which throws up photos, posters and all sorts. I found a photo of the rather sinister [in my opinion at the time] primary school I attended when I was 5.
    I tried typing in Tailors in the hope of finding a poster or advert of my great grandfather's business, but though there were interesting returns, my tailoring family wasn't amongst them, however, you may be luckier :)
    The pictures are zoomable using the View Larger Image instruction above the images and you can save them in a photo album for easy reference. no cost involved.

Enjoy :)