1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Thank-you a thousand times over!

Discussion in 'Family Tree Analyzer' started by Doreen, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Doreen

Doreen LostCousins Star

I've had the opportunity over the past 10 days to immerse myself in genealogy -- yes, husband was away ! My paternal tree has about 4000 names, but the facts for many of those were missing - many of them had the info in the notes from using PAF over the years, others simply had no birth or death dates even though they were not alive during a census, etc. It was a daunting task when FTA showed me there were over 1300 people that "might be alive on this census" but I started whittling away. I'm now down to less than 200 names for England 1881 and less than that for Canada 1901. It would have been impossible without FTA, both for showing me who was missing and for the ease of finding them on the census with a quick click! A huge thank-you!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Tim

Tim Megastar and Moderator Staff Member

Hi Doreen, what an amazing achievement! FTA is such a great tool for helping us either finding errors or allowing us to focus on certain facts.

And the great thing is, as soon as you resolve a set of errors, you can now see other errors more clearly and then fix those.

Well done again on your success so far, please come back and tell us more!

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  3. Alexander Bisset

Alexander Bisset Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the feedback Doreen. Pleased to hear my FTAnalyzer has been of such benefit, especially if you've now added those 1881 census records you found to Lost Cousins ;)

• Agree Agree x 1