1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

South Australian Cemeteries - Official Cemetery sites

Discussion in 'Australia - More resources' started by Andrew Bannister, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Centennial Park is a large Cemetery in Adelaide, South Australia, with an on-line index of burials and pictures of monuments. Quoting the website:
    "Centennial Park’s advanced deceased search tool helps you to locate the final resting place of your loved one. Here you can view headstone or memorial inscriptions, access photographs and navigate your way around Centennial Park’s grounds via an interactive map."

I found my long-lost great-uncle's grave through a search here. Useful if you have ancestors in Adelaide whose death would have been 1938 or later.

2. Cathy

Cathy Moderator Staff Member

A number of Adelaide cemeteries, including the earliest West Terrace Cemetery, can be searched at the Adelaide Cemeteries Authority site. Note Centennial Park is not included.
    A number of country cemeteries are available from the Council sites. Each participating Council site gives the ability to search by individual cemetery in their area or statewide. I usually start from the City of Onkaparinka pages as that's the area where my ancestors settled. Note not all areas have put their cemetery registers online.

3. Welshlass

Welshlass Member

I belong to a small family history group on the Fleurieu Peninsular. Our current project is a collection of obituaries from this region, starting with Victor Harbor. Look out for it on our website, hopefully, early in 2014.

4. AndyMick

AndyMick LostCousins Star

Thanks folks for this. I had looked some while back with one result, but there's a new entry which enables me to link in the one I found before - it shows the value of occasionally rechecking places you've looked before