1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Somerset Parish Register Transcriptions

Discussion in 'More Somerset Resources' started by Cathy, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Cathy

Cathy Moderator Staff Member

There are growing numbers of Parish Register Transcriptions available for Somerset on a wide variety of websites. So where to start?
    The best free site I've found (and for Somerset the free sites are so far more comprehensive) is on Ian Sage's site. He maintains a Somerset on-line PR transcriptions index which appears to reference all the other sites I've discovered.
    Two other starting points are the FreeReg Somerset & Bristol site and the Somerset Online Parish Clerk site. The Somerset OPC site is less developed than the Dorset OPC site and fewer villages have an OPC. However the page for each village gives a link so you can see the FreeReg progress as well as a link to the Somerset Archives showing the years covered by the Registers.

• Useful Useful x 4
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1